Thursday, June 26, 2008

Edinburgh--Happy 12 Anniversary

Alan and I jetted off to Edinburgh (1 hr by air) one weekend in June for our 12th wedding anniversary. When we arrived, we grabbed some sandwiches at the local Marks and Spencer and ate lunch on this beautiful expanse of green park with the Edinburgh Castle in the background.


I posed beside the bag pipe man for my photo. He was very friendly and even stopped for two seconds to ask me where i'm from. "I live in Wales," I answered. "No, where are you from?" he asked again then blew a few more puffs in the pipe. "America. Pennsylvania," I said. "That's it!" he answered. I felt like I had to pass a test before i could have my photo taken!


The bag pipe man was stationed in front of Scott's monument, a Gothic like structure on the hill above the green park by Waverly Bridge.


We climbed the 287 steps to the top and what we saw was a birds eye view of the entire city. We were higher than all the tall buildings! Alan didn't tell me until weeks later that he struggled at the top and nearly felt sick because of the heights. He was afraid if he told me that i'd get queasy too. Bless him!


And here is my husband, posing in front of the gates to the palace where the Queen stays when she's in town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home